Offshore Construction Manager
We are looking to recruit an Offshore Construction Manager to represent DSL and oversee the direction of a multi-discipline project team to deliver construction execution related activities. The individual will liaise with the offshore client representative and operations OIM to ensure client specifications and requirements are met, reviewing progress and liaising with the onshore support team to monitor costs and identify variations to base scope.
The ideal candidate will have a proven background in managing Oil and Gas construction projects and personnel together with a robust understanding of Electrical, Instrumentation, Piping and Mechanical construction activities and terminology within an EPC Project environment, ideally within the Oil and Gas Industry.
• To manage the execution of all Construction based activities.
• Ensure supervisory personnel conduct competency based assessments of offshore personnel, adhering to Company procedures.
• Overall responsibility for DSL construction and completions activities, with respect to safety, welfare, quality, delivery and working methods and practices.
• To motivate the workforce, lead by example and fulfill duties as Company represenative for DSL.
• To lead in the communication of all safety related issues.
• To actively participate as an integrated member of the Construction Team.
• To seek and promote best practice within the DSL Project.
• To be fully familiar with DSL project procedures, processes and practices related to his duties.
• Responsible for ensuring safe project delivery offshore, providing positive safety leadership and promoting a positive safety culture within the team.
• To ensure the consistent distribution of all safety related information to all team members.
• Oversee and actively engage in overall safety performance and welfare of workforce.
• To implement the Company’s HSE and Quality management system and ensure that all safety legislation and procedures are enforced and followed.
• To ensure incident/accident investigation process is carried out in a timely manner.
• To manage change & cost control, liaison with DSL project controls staff to ensure MoC requirements is captured
• Ensure all construction mechanical completion activities are completed and signed off in line with CWP requirements.
• Awareness of legislative requirements relating to Project Scopes.
• Ensure the business operates to the highest level of HSE standards and ensure safety compliance as per the Company’s HSE Manual 000 Section 4.
• A proven background in managing Oil and Gas construction projects and personnel
• A robust understanding of Electrical, Instrumentation, Piping and Mechanical construction activities & terminology within an EPC Project environment, ideally with 10 years’ experience within the Oil & Gas industry.
• BTEC Engineering or equivalent or Qualified by Experience
• Current Offshore certification
• Work under pressure, excellent leadership qualities, flexibility.
• Possess good communication skills at all levels.
• Confident attitude and able to communicate at all levels with management, clients, sub-contractors and colleagues, through face to face, telephone as well as written methods.