Conoco Viking Vulcan Decommissioning
31st December 2019
Derrick Services UK Limited were awarded a work package to support Royal Boskalis with Decommissioning Support Services including all above water leg cutting throughout the 2019 multi-phase Southern North Sea Decommissioning Campaign.
7 Jackets & 4 Topsides were successfully removed from the field and transported ashore for dismantling.
Robust planning, comprehensive pre-works & the adoption of a one team philosophy were a significant element that contributed to the successful project execution.
DSL personnel executed over 38,000 Man-hours on the project (Rope Access & Non Rope Access) without a LTI, this is a credit to all involved in the project including offshore personnel, & the robust onshore support structure.
- Installation of Spider Deck Access
- Cutting & Removal of Caissons and Risers
- Cutting Penetrations for Rigging
- Installation of Fairlead Bollards
- Sling Path Clearance
- Topsides Lift point (Trunnion) Installation
- Topside Separation Cuts at El +17.3
- External Pile Cutting
- Cutting and Removal of Leg extensions at El+7.9
- Installation of Rigging and Steering Wires
- Rigging & Cutting platform Installation
- Sea Fastening of Topsides and Jackets
The work scope involved numerous work tasks in what were challenging conditions spanning;
Benefits to the client